It’s my home and I’m staying!
Many Americans are living longer and more active lives. With their changing lifestyles, maturing Americans are looking to revitalize or modify their home environments for use, regardless of their age, abilities, or situation.
At Puntillo Designs we can help you identify potential areas of improvement in the home and discuss Universal Design principles that can offer a spectrum of solutions to meet your individual needs.
Many aging individuals encounter mobility and accessibility limitations, sight and sensory difficulties, or size and space issues; often there are design modifications and products that can help solve these problems. We will discuss these facets of the design process with you. Ultimately, our goal is to address your needs and preferences in order to implement thoughtful solutions. We will design a beautiful space for you with the necessary modifications and great benefits.
Possible implementations include:
- Creating a bedroom on the main floor
- Enlarging a first floor bathroom or widening doorways for walkers
- Installing a walk-in shower
- Installing high contrast materials to boost visual perception at countertops and staircases
- Installing “easy-use” appliances or products such as monitoring systems or single drawer dishwashers
- Improving flooring for safety and mobility
- Consider: improved lighting, age and condition appropriate furniture, devices and monitoring systems that help the visually or hearing impaired